Frequently asked questions and answers
- 1. Why do the pass predictions change from day to day?
- The further the predicted ISS passes are in the future, the less accurate the predictions are. Since the orbital data is updated daily, the schedule may change slightly. Even the number of passes may change.
- 2. Is the ground view real-time video?
- No. It's GoogleMaps, which is not real-time.
However, on board the ISS is a live web cam.
- 3. Is it the floor of the ocean that I see on the ground view when the ISS flies over the ocean?
- Yes. It's GoogleMaps, so you see the ocean as you see it on GoogleMaps.
- Yes. When you enter your location, it will be stored in a cookie on your computer. The next time you visit the website, your location will already be set for you.
- 5. Is the ISS completely assembled? How big is it? What does it weigh?
- Find details at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Space_Station.